Tuesday, September 28, 2010

He's Here and He's PERFECT!!!!!!


I know that Jaden is over two months old, but I've had other things on my mind than keeping up with my blog, namely the most perfect little boy ever! :) Better late than never, here is the short version of his birth story...

Matthew and I checked into the hospital on Wednesday night July 21st. The doctors were going to perform cervical ripening that night and then induce me Thursday morning. However, the cervical ripening jumpstarted my labor, and I didn't need to be induced after all. I got an epidural at about 4 am when my contractions became unbearable (I was dilated to 3 cm). My water broke on its own at 5:20 am, and I was dilated to 4 cm. The next time I was checked was at 7:30, and I was already at 10 cm and plus 2. Matthew quickly called our parents to come to the hospital, and the doctors stalled until they got there. I started pushing at about 8:40 am, and Jaden Asher Gallagher was born at 9:09 am on July 22, 2010. Jaden was 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 22 inches long. It was the most amazing feeling to finally meet my precious son! I was so happy and proud and in love!! :)

1 comment: