Wednesday, February 17, 2010
It Should Be Called "All Day Sickness"
Starting around week 6, I began experiencing constant stomach aches (literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) and lots of nausea and vomiting. For me, this sickness was definitely NOT limited to the morning. I tried many, many things to try to ease it all, but to no avail. Finally, just before my 8 week appointment, I called my doctor and was put on Zofran. It worked like a charm for the nausea and vomiting for about a week and a half, then only helped somewhat. I tried several more things to try to ease it (on top of the Zofran), and the only thing that helped was ginger capsules twice a day. I still had the stomach aches, of course, but the nausea and vomiting was fairly under control. Finally, at about 16 weeks, the stomach aches seemed to go away so I thought I would try to wean myself off of the Zofran but still take the ginger. Some days I think I'm doing okay, and others I clearly am not. I got sick four times in the last week and a half and have had stomach aches a few hours here and there. But, this is a huge improvement from where I started, so I can't really complain. As I am about to start my 19th week, I am hopeful that there is an end in sight to this unpleasant part of pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment